What are the benefits of outdoor learning for students?
Outdoor learning can improve kids’ health
- Outdoor learning can improve our well-being – physical, mental and emotional.
- The powerful combination of a diversity of play experiences and direct contact with nature has direct benefits for children’s physical, mental and emotional health.
- Outdoor learning has been proven to reduce stress in young learners.
- Learning environments with a greater number of plants, greener views, and access to natural play areas demonstrated a lower level of stress.
Outdoor learning connect children to nature
- Humans have natural biophilic tendencies – meaning an innate desire to seek connection with nature.
- Learning outdoors can also inspire kids to become physically active in their spare time.
Outdoor learning gives children a love and appreciation of our natural surroundings
- Playful, experiential and interactive contact with nature in childhood is directly correlated with positive environmental sensibility and behaviour in later life.
- Children who attended outdoor school engaged in positive environmental behaviours at home
Outdoor Learning Does Improve Behaviour
- Green school ground encouraged students to be more well-mannered, tolerant and polite with each other
- Outdoor Learning class , there are less fighting, more sharing of toys and more kindness.
- In outdoor learning ,students generally have more fun and being nicer to each other.